The Rockhopper series is Specialized’s answer to riders who seek a value hardtail mountain bikes. Check out the review below if you are planning on buying the Specialized Rockhopper.
Frame: Specialized M4 Manipulated Alloy frame, fully butted, ORE DT, forged dropouts w/ replaceable 98954020 hanger
Crank: 8-Speed, XC shape, Octalink Spline
Saddle: Specialized XC, Body Geometry, 143mm width, front and rear bumpers
Handlebars: Specialized alloy, 31.8mm, 25mm rise, 640mm wide, 8 degree back sweep, 8 degree up, 2.8mm thick
Brakes: Alloy linear pull w/ adj. housing, 1pc. pad
- Handles well
- Durable frame
- Competitively priced
- Great on climbs
What Else To Know:
- Comes in Gloss Flo Red and Satin Black KL color schemes
- Specialized offers lifetime warranty against manufacture defects on all its bikes
- Free standard shipping for orders $150 or more (U.S. only excluding Alaska, Hawaii, APOs/FPOs)
- Poor stock grips and brakes
- Contains a number of low spec components
The Specialized Rockhopper is great for those with a limited budget. Because of its low price, some of its components had to suffer. A great entry-level hard tail mountain bike but then again, you will need to spend a few cash to upgrade certain parts if you want better performance.
Where to Buy at a Discount?
The Specialized Rockhopper is currently listed at $640 on Specialized website. Use the dealer locator to find out where to conveniently get the Rockhopper.
See the rest of our Specialized reviews.